A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Or play on your browser (music plays best in Firefox) : Eternal Eclipse Game
Eternal Eclipse is a "light" puzzle game about healing and transforming in life.
Your goal is to hike to the top of the mountain to see the Eclipse in totality! However, once your hike begins, a mysterious and magical effect happens and a Sun stone begins to shine a beam of light at a Moon statue across from it. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to make it to the top of the mountain in time to see the Totality Eclipse while also rotating/changing the moon statues to reflect the beam of light from the bottom of the mountain to the top. Once that happens, a magical transformation will occur, and the light that you were shining up to the top of the mountain is imbued in you!!
Design Goals and Intentions
The light, the sun, the moon, the mirrors/statues and the eclipse are all symbols in the game. They express different parts of the transformative metaphor I tried to infuse into the game upon it's creation!
The sun and moon each represent different parts of you, and the eclipse represents new beginnings and transformations. This could be anything from a hard or depressing experiencing you are going through right now or in the past - or perhaps just a reminder to use the light within you to grow and heal!
Design Thesis Video
A Note From the Author
This game is currently in it's first mid/high-fidelity build. Any and all constructive comments, bug reports, etc. would be happily heard and worked on asap!
The current place for where this goal is good, but I have much bigger plans in the future for this game! Keep checking back for updates and more!
Special Thanks To
- Drew Koelling
- Jared Griffith
- Matthew Bethancourt
- Casey Hunt
- Ben Lee
- Jared Myers
- Celeste Moreno
- My friends, family, and loved ones - everyone who supported me along this journey
Unity Code Help and Moral Support
- Jared Myers (Jaristotle) : https://jaristotle.itch.io/
Unity Assets Used
- Polygon Nature Pack (Bridge and Waterfalls): https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/vegetation/trees/polygon-nature-pack-120152
- Sun Prefab : https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/environments/sci-fi/sun-2990
- Moon Prefab : https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/environments/sci-fi/moon-3991
- Fantastic Nature Pack (Most terrain and nature assets) : https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/vegetation/fantastic-nature-pack-150447
- Starfield Skybox : https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/2d/textures-materials/sky/starfield-skybox-92717
Music from OpenGameArt.org
- Title Music : https://opengameart.org/content/another-august
- Forest Ambience (First half of levels) : https://opengameart.org/content/forest-ambience
- Moon Ambience (Second half of levels) : https://opengameart.org/content/fantasy-rising-moon
- Waterfall and Streams : https://opengameart.org/content/stream-sounds
Click download now to get access to the following files: